healthy life

health information blogs, links & other web resources for health care providers and individuals wanting to improve their health and health care.

Breaking

Sunday, 19 May 2019

Seven things that are dangerous when you put them in your mouth.

Seven things that are dangerous when you put them in your mouth.



1.  Disinfectant


Everyone has a disinfectant at home. We usually think of disinfectants as just alcohol. However, as with poisons, disinfectants are like suicide as soon as they are drunk. Especially, it is fatal to children. Lethal dose is also very small, so special attention is needed. It is a good idea to keep the disinfectant at home hidden from the reach of children.


2.  Peach & Cherry Seeds


Normally, people rarely eat seeds when they eat sweet peaches or cherries. If you eat it wrong, it is better to swallow it. The reason is that if you swallow the seed, it will be discharged as a feces, so there is no big problem. If chewed, it is very dangerous because of the toxic cyanide ingredient in the peach or cherry seeds.



3.  Toothpaste


Most toothpastes are often described as "If you swallow toothpaste, you should get immediate medical help." If you take too much toothpaste, you may get stomach problems as well as abdominal pain. In particular, if you swallow lots of fluoride-containing toothpaste, you may have a bad breath, a cramp, and a serious heart attack.




4.  Naphthalene (insect repellent)


Naphthalene, which is mainly used as a household insect repellent, is extremely dangerous. Even small amounts can lead to coma if you get into your mouth. In particular, it is important to place naphthalene, which is similar in appearance to mint candy, out of the reach of children at all times, because children can put it into their mouth in an instant.




5.  Nail Remover


Like a disinfectant, a nail remover with a strong alcohol flavor is more toxic than a disinfectant. It is said that only one case of lethal dose. Just a small amount of mouth can cause pain and headache. Children may die as soon as they eat.


6.  Honey


Sweet honey is actually very toxic. However, all honey sold on the market is pasteurized, so it's okay. It can be very dangerous if you spoon honey from the honeycomb straight away and eat it. It causes headaches, dizziness and vomiting. These symptoms last up to 24 hours. In fact, only one spoonful is dangerous.




7.  Tapioca


Bovati, which we often drink, contains a chewy tapioca starchy egg. This tapioca, which is native to South America, is not a problem since it is manufactured separately to be safely eaten. But it can be serious if you take tapioca as raw. Tapioca contains a small amount of cyanide from the roots. If you eat raw food, it is so powerful that you can kill a cow on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment